Thumbs Up
    Received: 466
    Given: 307

Default Novak's behavior "inexcusable and unacceptable."

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...tv_cnn_novak_2

http://mediamatters.org/items/200508040004

CNN Suspends Novak After He Walks Off Set

By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer Thu Aug 4, 7:31 PM ET

NEW YORK - CNN suspended commentator Robert Novak indefinitely after he swore and walked off the set Thursday during a debate with Democratic operative James Carville.

The exchange during CNN's "Inside Edition" came during a discussion of Florida's Senate campaign. But CNN correspondent Ed Henry noted when it was through that he had been about to ask Novak about his role in the investigation of the leak of a
    CIA officer's identity.

A CNN spokeswoman, Edie Emery, called Novak's behavior "inexcusable and unacceptable." Novak has apologized to CNN, and CNN apologizes to viewers, she said.

"We've asked Mr. Novak to take some time off," she said.

A telephone message at Novak's office was not immediately returned Thursday.

Carville and Novak were both trying to speak while they were handicapping the GOP candidacy of Katherine Harris. Novak said the opposition of the Republican establishment in Florida might not be fatal for her.

"Let me just finish, James, please," Novak continued. "I know you hate to hear me, but you have to."

Carville, addressing the camera, said: "He's got to show these right wingers that he's got a backbone, you know. It's why the Wall Street Journal editorial page is watching you. Show 'em that you're tough."

"Well, I think that's bull---- and I hate that," Novak replied. "Just let it go."

As moderator Dan Harris stepped in to ask Carville a question, Novak walked off the set.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 24

Yeah, it was really bizarre. I just happened to catch it because my husband watches it all the time. Novak's in a pile of shit with the spy case, so maybe his nerves are on edge. But that was as weird as the old Jack Paar show, except Paar was an entertainer, not a political commentator/newsman.

First Rossite High Priest Powerhouse's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 252
    Given: 228

Nothing weird about it at all. He knew they were coming up to the CIA leak question time and needed an excuse, any excuse he could create to remove himself from the stage.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050805/...v_cnn_novak_18
    Henry said Thursday that Novak had been told before the "Inside Politics" segment that he was going to be asked on air about the CIA case.
    Bob's just a liar, and a poor one at that.
    TRS #24

"none of their disabilities interfered with their dribbling abilities. And they love their chicken," - IceBlueEyes, 11 April 2011.

"The only fucking remotely charitable thing you have ever done is to shut the fuck up for 5 GOD damn minutes." - OM to IBE, 03 Dec 2011

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
    Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 24

Ah, Powerhouse! Thanks for the info. So he was caught with his panties down. Slimy thing to do.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 903
    Given: 323

WELL FUCK ME TO TEARS

Thread Information